Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Articulation of Dreams


Werner Herzog (the "duke") is portraid in the documentary about his grandiose movie "Fitzcarraldo" in "Burden of Dreams" and as much as I was mesmerized when I first saw "Fitzcarraldo", I was much more so after seing how he managed to accomplish such a seemingly impossible dream.

The man is a Genius, I mean Mad, I mean Genius ... Mad.

The fruit of his labor which he paid with blood and sweat (literally) is for us to enjoy, delight in, be in awe of.

It is hard to discern the main character in the movie - Fitzgerald (played by Kinsky) in "Fitzcarraldo" from Herzog in "Burden of Dreams", they morph into one entity looking to pursue their dreams at any cost.
I am inspired !


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi Sara diazá a gente não se fala. Nestes tempos paro mais em Assomada. De todo o modo vai o meu abraço blogeru. Txau. Bjs Kbarboza

Sereia do Mar said...

Oi KB,

Pa kel kin ta odja na bu blog, inspiracao nao falta, deve ser do ar fresco di Santa Catrina.
Fica dretu.
BlogAbraco.
SA