Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Yearound

Happy New Year !!!

May the happiness last all year round and not be like most so-called resolutions: - short-lived !!!

We started the year incredibly well, drinking wine in Sedona !!! After taking my Mother-in-law to the Grand Canyon, we returned to our hotel in Sedona for our second night there and drank wine while waiting for our ball to drop, kiss each other and pray for all the blessings we had in the previous year and wish for more in the New Year.

So what do I wish for in this New Year ?? Here are the first 10 that pop into my head.

1- I wish to be a better me so I can be a better Mother and better wife and not let my insecurities roll over into my performance as a mother and wife.

2- Take better care of myself. I think my husband has tolerated the tom-boy image of me for too long. I am way overweight, dress like (in my sister's words) a Scottsdale maid, hide my messy hair behind wraps, knots and whatever I can get to keep it from looking like a witch, have the hands of someone that spends way too much time cutting onions and washing dishes.

3- Read and write more

4- Do yoga and meditate. In other words: bend more and dig more.

5- Spend more time with my sister.

6- Budget

7- Define what it is I want to do with my life in the next few years

8- Be positive, always. Not hold grudges, let go of negative people, situations, toughts

9- Eat less chocolate (who am I kidding ?) Ok, eat less sweets ... that reminds me, I have this nice blueberry-tofu cheesecake I brought from Sedona, still untouched ... uhmmm

10- Exercise, exercise, exercise (join that hiking club I always wanted to join)

No comments: