Monday, June 30, 2008

Stirring the pot of memories


(Painting : Mito in the 80s, found in the vaults of my memory)

Once in a while a series of thoughts trigger the connections that open doors to a distant past ...
I have been peering into the 80s ...

It is a calming gaze, almost like watching a movie.
Detached of emotions I am better suited to see nuances that would otherwise be shrouded in my feelings.
In this ritual, the mind seeks to disperse in the winds of time the memories that no longer serve.

Other memories remind me of the 20-year old that was ...
- The essay for the phi 101 class - what boldness, what imagination !
I see the clear connection to Mother Nature emanating from my youth, a product of my upbringing ... I long for that connection now.
- there are snippets -blood drops - of a love that wasn't ...
and there too I glimpse the innocence lost.

I release you to the flames and to the wind and close the doors...

No comments: