Thursday, July 3, 2008

Blues

It was one of those days that threatened to pull me down.
News that popped up or thoughts that took the wrong turn.
I could recognize it - the shadow that precedes the mood.
Why do they call it the blues ?

I thought about writing about it and maybe it would go away
but I remembered my own rule ... no negativity allowed !

I switched tactics. Why not focus on the good things that surfaced ?!
There were good things,
there are always good things !

-Ingrid Betancourt is free .. I had tears of joy, I had been following her story and I believe she will one day be the president of Columbia.

- Tahir Shah has a blog where I can go to quench my thirst for his words.
I am a big fan of his stories and although I visited his website once in a while, the addition of his blog has made me a more frequent visitor. (Photo - Tahir Shah from his website)

- There are always the kids ... they are doing great and that is a great blessing not to be overlooked.

- There are friends and friend(s) emails that I look forward to.

- Although chocolate no longer kick-starts my mood as before
(I think I overdosed), I made some sorrel-ginger and spices drink to complement this heat.

- last but not least, I am healthy and there is life to live and many things to discover !

I am grateful !

No comments: