Monday, June 23, 2008

Quieting the waters

Last night I tried again to quiet the mind and go deeper.

The first time I tried it did not last long, 
I recall the cough of the kids in the background making me feel guilty for my idleness ...

however, the few minutes that I did manage to sit - pain and all -
transported me to a magical place of my childhood -

TARRAFAL !

A place with the most beautiful natural painted stones that I have ever seen,
a place I was taken to by my seamate, my mermate if you will,
someone that I had lost contact with for years and the pain of that separation,
the anxiety of not knowing of his whereabouts came up (or went out seeking).

I finally gave in to the pain in the limbs, restlessness and all.

A few days later I got an email from my friend
- yes, the seamate !!
I couldn't believed it, I barely contained my joy
- he had visited me in my dreams !

(when I was a child I believed that dreams were the realm of the gathering of souls)

You see it when you believe it !
(Foto: Tarrafal of my youth - mid 70s)

No comments: